Friday, June 18, 2010

Gorgeous Beads and bit of Envy

I was wandering the back corridors of the internet, and found a link to Nancy Sathre-Vogel's description of her life and relationship with beads.  She's gotten to travel all over the world, and guess what? There are beads to be found everywhere!

Pictures of her work are found here, and more if you follow the links on the page.  I love seeing what she's done with all the exotic and rare beads she's found. They provide such inspiration, yet she uses techniques that are available to all of us.

I guess the lesson is that by keeping one's eyes open, no matter where you are, you will find both beads and inspiration. 

I can't help but envy her ease at entering and enjoying foreign cultures. Something to aspire to, I think.  


No comments:

Post a Comment