Monday, July 5, 2010

Work In Progress, Birthday Edition


This is what I've been working on with the time I managed to free for beading this weekend. I freed this time mostly by ignoring all the other things I "should" have been doing.


In one of my trips around the the Intartubes, I found a random blog that was all about living without "Shoulds." You do get a bit more time for what you want if you can make yourself ignore them. 

Anyway, it's an ammonite cabochon, with teeny 15/0 seed beads for a bezel, and 15s and 11s in various other spots. I had to cut through the background ultrasuede, and then let the thick part of the ammonite poke through. I glued another thin piece of ultrasuede behind that cutout, and sewed around it, so it's all held. Putting in a cardboard stiffener and more backing is going to be interesting, but without a stone saw of my own to cut that ammonite thinner, it was the best I could do.

Note to self: in future buy thin ammonite slices for use in bead embroidery. Every new piece teaches me something. I'm having fun. Bad picture, I think it's going to be a nice piece when done, though.

Happy birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment