Sunday, October 17, 2010

Why the Occasional Cold is Not Such A Bad Idea

Really. Because when you have a cold, and then get over it, the experience makes you appreciate the state of "not having a cold" so much more.

It was an odd little virus. Coughing, sneezing, feeling blah, three days and out. Then a couple of days of kind of wondering what the hell? as I've never gotten over a cold so fast, and my head still felt a little...coldish. Like I could feel the outlines of my sinuses in my head, even though they didn't hurt, as such. Today all that sinus-blech decided to clear out. Oh joy. Oh well, as I said, when it's completely gone, I will, for a while, appreciate the hell out of feeling well.

I got the camera back, and since then, have been trying and trying to get a properly focused picture, without success. Well, one tiny success.  There you see it, the sole well-focused picture out of about 60. Don't ask me what settings I used. Couldn't tell you.

I'm going to retire to the couch with the darn owner's manual and figure this thing out before it kills me. I know this camera can take marvelous pictures!   I'm determined I'll be the one behind the shutter when it does!

The picture is of the fringe of the piece I'm working on, an amulet or charm bag woven in netting stitch, from a book called Netted Beadwork by Diane Fitzgerald.  Of course, when my dear husband saw the bag section, he looked at the size and shape and asked me, "Why are you making a penis-cozy?" 

After I finished laughing, I started to wonder if there might be a market in adorning private parts with beads.  Hmm.  If anyone wants to commission a cozy, I'll need measurements. And some elastic thread, because men always exaggerate.

More pictures of the piece, which I'm really pleased with, as the camera cooperates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment