Saturday, September 3, 2011

Update: Real pictures of the Turquoise Necklace


Whole strand
Remember my post about the Tibetan trading store in Claremont? These are real pictures of the turquoise bead necklace I bought. Antique Chinese turquoise, undyed as far as I can tell. I can't figure out how someone could dye a stone two different colors. That's my unscientific justification for believing that these are as advertised, not treated.

My favorite bead
The smallest bead, next to the clasp, is an inch across and about 3/4 inch thick. The biggest is nearly two inches long. The entire strand is monstrously heavy, yet so wonderful to wear.

The single bead is my favorite, the one that made me buy the whole thing. I may break this strand into focals for a bunch of different works, but this bead in particular is mine for life. I can't figure out why, but this one speaks to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment